Musee des Merveilles

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Musee des Merveilles! We still have lots of characters available, so grab one! NOTICE:Activity Check #2 is now over. If you lost your character and want it back, please contact an admin.

2 posters

New Explorations [For Arista and whoever might want to jump in]

Former Canada 2

New Explorations [For Arista and whoever might want to jump in] Empty New Explorations [For Arista and whoever might want to jump in]

Post  Former Canada 2 Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:22 pm

Matthew wondered up to Das Museum der Naturgeschichte, tentatively. He'd never acctually been in here before, he was more interested in artistry and paintings from famous artists; history wasn't his strong point. He hesitated only briefly before striding in, his toy polar bear under one arm, his sketch book and tools under the other.

There must be something in here which would be really interesting and neat to draw, and Matthew really needed a change from what he usually saw. When he went in, he was overwhelmed by gorgeous statues and fantastical tapestries. Why had he not been in here before? It was amazing! Shuffling up to a bench somewhat far away from the entrance to prevent feeling any drafts, Matthew sat down and began to sketch an object close to him.

Everything here was really beautiful, Matthew thought as he sketched out the basic shape. He would really like to get to know about some of it... He looked around to see if anyone was there, before returning to his sketch. If there was anyone there, it wasn't like they'd really notice him, anyway.
    Arista Karpusi
    Arista Karpusi
    Admin

New Explorations [For Arista and whoever might want to jump in] Empty Re: New Explorations [For Arista and whoever might want to jump in]

Post  Arista Karpusi Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:36 pm

Arista looked around the museum, eying the artifact and assessing what could be put into storage and what could be sent back to it's original museum. They were running out of space, and they had gotten a brand new shipment of artifacts this morning. Meaning...she would have to get rid of somethings.

She sighed, turning a corner and stopping. There was a teenager sitting before one of the older artifacts, either taking notes on it or sketching it. He seemed familiar...but she couldn't remember ever seeing him around here before. She quietly walked over to him, looking over his shoulder. So he was sketching. And sketching rather well at that. Arista watched, keeping quiet.
    Former Canada 2

New Explorations [For Arista and whoever might want to jump in] Empty Re: New Explorations [For Arista and whoever might want to jump in]

Post  Former Canada 2 Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:48 pm

Matthew was very engrossed in his drawing, but not enough to block out the feeling that someone was watching him... Now this was unusual. People didn't often notice him, and Matthew was rather worried now. There wasn't anyone there when he looked, was there? His hand stopped moving, and he twisted around to see who was there.

A lady (Around 20 years old or something?) with long brown hair was leaning close to him, almost breathing down his neck - Far too close for Matthew's comfort. "Yyaaah!" he screached, jerking away from the woman and falling to the floor with a loud thud. His bear, knocked away by Matthew's flailing arm, skidded across the room and his sketch book flopped to the floor along with him, a few of the pages bending.

He scrambled around, edging away from the woman, panting hard. People shouldn't do that! Matthew wasn't ok with people being so close to him!

"Wh... What...?"
    Arista Karpusi
    Arista Karpusi
    Admin

Post  Arista Karpusi Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Arista blinked in surprise as the guy shrieked -sounding a bit like a girl- and fell to the floor, a little stuffed animal flying away from him and his sketchbook falling to the floor next to him. She frowned, looking him over for any possible injuries before walking over to the stuffed animal and picking it up, bringing it back to him.

She handed it out to him, smiling softly. "Are you okay?" She wondered, hoping he hadn't managed to hurt himself. That would be bad.
    Former Canada 2

Post  Former Canada 2 Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:29 pm

Matthew panted hard, watching the woman go get Kumajirou. "I... Um... Yeah." He accepted Kumajirou greatfully, hugging him close to his chest and feeling rather like a small child. "I'm okay." In truth, he just had the fright of his life, and his bottom hurt. It made Matthew feel like a child, but he wouldn't say that out loud.

Climbing back onto his seat, he evaluated his sketch book. It was only a little bent in the corners but that was fine. Matthew straightened them out as best he could and settled back down.

"So sorry... For reacting like that."
    Arista Karpusi
    Arista Karpusi
    Admin

Post  Arista Karpusi Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:49 pm

Arista watched him carefully, frowning slightly as she saw him scramble back into his seat. She hadn't scared him that much, had she? She looked at him, marveling at how much he looked like a child. She repressed her maternal urgings; just because her son was grown and gone didn't mean that she needed to latch on to another person to mother over.

"No, it's fine. I shouldn't have scared you like that." She waved her hand slightly to air away his apology, smiling gently. "I was just interested in seeing your drawings. They're very good."
    Former Canada 2

Post  Former Canada 2 Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:55 am

Matthew gave a small nod. "O-Ok... Well, thank you. I'm sorry I'm a little... Jumpy. I guess I don't interact with people that much..." He gave a sheepish grin, hiding half of his face in his polar bear's fur. The shy blush on his face stretched from one ear to the other, showing just how much his nerves had played up, and how embarrassed he felt because of it.

Still, he took a deep breath and tried to remember what he'd been taught by his mother. "Anyway... It's a pleasure meeting you, ma'am." He held out his hand, and noticed that it was trembling slightly. What was wrong with him? He shouldn't get so frightened of what seemed to be a very normal woman! "S-So, do you work here? Or...?" He trailed off, nibbling his lip. Still, even with his hand extended, half of his face was hidden in the white fur.
    Arista Karpusi
    Arista Karpusi
    Admin

Post  Arista Karpusi Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:21 pm

"I see. That makes sense." Why was he so cute? She resisted the urge to cuddle him. That would be freaky and not cool. She shook his hand gently, softening her smile and general facial expressions to seem less scary. She had often been told that she was an intimidating person to deal with. "I work here. I'm one of the curators for this section of the museum."
    Former Canada 2

Post  Former Canada 2 Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:42 pm

"Wow!" Matthew gasped, in slight awe, his cheeks tinging pink slightly. "I-I didn't even know... I must have looked like a complete retard, leaping into the air like that when you greeted me..." He mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. "Hey, you don't mind if I eat in here, do you? It's just, I want to get this picture done soon, but... I'm hungry," He explained sheepishly, indicating to the little bag he'd brought with him. Even quieter, he added, "And Kumajirou needs to eat too..." Argh, what was he, a little kid?! ...But he just wanted to play with a teddy, what was wrong with that? Trying not to think about it, Matthew tried to force the red in his ears fade slightly. This was proving slightly difficult, because they felt just as hot with embarrassment as ever. But his Kuma needed food! ...Even if he couldn't technically eat.

Louder, Matthew continued, "But if you have, I dunno, a cafe or a dining room somewhere I'd be happy to go there. Or if not, I'll just go outside..." Into the cold... Perhaps not the best of ideas then. Matthew fell silent, deciding that the best thing to do here was let the lady speak. She was a kind woman after all, even if she did look a bit too... Authoritive for Matthew's comfort. He nibbled on his lip, attempting to stop himself from saying any more. And hey, it seemed to be working.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:42 am