Musee des Merveilles

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Musee des Merveilles! We still have lots of characters available, so grab one! NOTICE:Activity Check #2 is now over. If you lost your character and want it back, please contact an admin.

3 posters

Heracles Karpusi//Greece Application [Dropped]

Former Greece
    Former Greece

Heracles Karpusi//Greece Application [Dropped] Empty Heracles Karpusi//Greece Application [Dropped]

Post  Former Greece Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:23 pm

[Edited for general improvement and errors]

Full Name: Heracles Karpusi
    Hometown: Born in Athens, Greece. Moved with his to New York when she took her job with the Museum.

Personality:

Heracles is a typical student - a hardcore partier, camping out in a pokey wee flat (with an extremely suspicious landlord), living off cheese on toast and working ten extra jobs just to pull it off. Although he looks tired and dopey, if you provoke him he has bit of a temper. He's so laid back he's horizontal, and never makes anything in time, despite the dozen odd watches he's been given with meaningful looks.

He likes eating out and trying foreign food, as well as music gigs and generally spending money.

With a strict upbringing, he's quite serious (and proud) but very friendly to all, and overtly curious about other peoples' buisness. He might look intimidating, but he's actually very sweet and soppy and cries at disney movies.

He adores his mother Arista, even if she babies and embarasses him in front of others and he feels he doesn't know enough about her. He feels guilty that his birth stopped her from pursuing her dreams, and though he loves her work just as much as she does, he doesn't take the mantle up lest she feels bitter.

Looks and Appearance:

Heracles Karpusi//Greece Application [Dropped] Greece_neko

To elaborate, Heracles has shaggy brown hair and olive skin, and has the easy, natural build of someone who gets their muscles from honest work - no gym involved, but he does eat like a horse. He hates the rain, as it messes up his hair. He usually just slouches about in a uniform of tee shirts, slacks and sneakers, and the mop usually just has a hand run through it and nothing else. A silver crucifix is hidden under his shirt, but other than that he doesn't wear any other ornaments.

Interests: Heracles was brought up to love history and philosophy (as well as debating), but also has a sneaky little thing for classical theatre and athletics (though, unusually, he's good at basketball and football). He holds an odd, almost magnetic attraction to cats, and likes little kids.

When in a museum, what do they do?: Usually head straight to his mother's office after classes to check if she's there, then hang about the staff room. Other than that, see below.

Are they still in school? If so, what grade?: Nope, but he's currently studying in college, doing part time work in zookeeping under Antonio, and lends his muscles as a labourer, lifting and moving paintings, artefacts, restaurant food and anything else where needed.

Fears:

- Being alone, and being unable to protect those close to him - fairly typical ( especially for a greek), but heightened by the fact he was often alone when his mother was away. He feels that he has a responsibilty to protect those he loves with his body.

- has a silly little thing about being too far away from the ocean, which reminds him of his homeland, where he dreams of returning.

- Earthquakes

-Being broke

Other:

- Incredibly patriotic, he is fiercely proud of his Greek heritage, and won't compromise on it for anyone.

- His Albanian friend is currently crashing on his couch and eating all the food, which irritates him.

- Heracles would never admit it, but he actually loves Turkish food - in particular the desserts.

- Angry at his (unknown) father, as he hold very traditional views and thinks he should have looked out for her.

- Secretly adores Louis de Bernieres' work.

- He's an awful driver.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About you

Nickname/Name; Fee, to most.
    Age: 'Never trust a women who tells you her age. It looks so calculating.' - Oscar Wilde. Or something along those lines. (16/17)
    Timezone: GMT
    What should not be in the rules?: The translation of the museum name~
    Other: Doing this was fun - I reference Louis de Bernieres, all the Greeks I know and the bruises I got on my arse in Hellas from being pinched so much. I can't promise to be on regularly, as I'm going through the most difficult year in the who scottish education system. I'll post and all, but not all the time. Don't expect much, and hopefully you'll be suprised. Smile

Last edited by Arista Karpusi on Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : General improvement)
    Arista Karpusi
    Arista Karpusi
    Admin

Heracles Karpusi//Greece Application [Dropped] Empty Re: Heracles Karpusi//Greece Application [Dropped]

Post  Arista Karpusi Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:44 pm

I like it. However, just one little thing; Arista had Heracles before she went to college, so she would have gotten her degree while looking after him.

Other than that - and maybe giving him some fears - you're accepted and all that fun stuff. Please change your name to Heracles Karpusi and start posting. Feel free to come join us in the chatbox as well, if you can.

And we understand about the not being able to be on regularly. Just warn us if you're going to be gone longer than a week and a half, okay?

Also, for your time zone, GMT what?
    Former Greece
    Former Greece

Heracles Karpusi//Greece Application [Dropped] Empty Re: Heracles Karpusi//Greece Application [Dropped]

Post  Former Greece Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:03 pm

Sure thing - so few errors for two in the morning is good. I must have misread Arista's application to get such a base error, and I'll be sure to add a few fears. My bio writing skills are a little rusty, so not too shabby for a re entry into the RP world?

Time zone wise, I'm in the UK, so as far as I know it just GMT.

No worries - I would alert the hiatus board even before you said. I could update a relaxed RP quite easily - it would mainly be in December, January and the beginning of summer when the exams kick in.

Delighted to be accepted - I'd love to join the chatbox, though possibly when it's not quite so late/early. I'll be sure to change my name tomorrow and edit my application.
    Aldrick Meissner
    Aldrick Meissner
    Admin

Post  Aldrick Meissner Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:48 pm

Congrats, your intro thread has been *unlocked*~

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:01 am